Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Angela

Another wonderful trip to Germany has passed by and we are back in Estonia. The exchange took place in 10-15 February. Driving to Riga by bus felt like being in sauna, because it was very hot there. Despite that, students were happy and excited about upcoming trip.  

Unlike the others, I stayed with my best friend Julian and his family. The city was already familiar for me and it was amazing to be back there.

When we arrived to Werther, Julian and his mother picked me up from the bus station and we went home. Barbara made delicious dinner. After that we spent some hours with my German friends.

Julian and me feeling happy
On the next day we went to school. I had an opportunity to choose, if I want to visit Julian’s lessons or stay with some other Estonian student. I decided to spend first 4 lessons with Mari-Liis and her host in German and Art lessons and the fifth with Julian. It is impressive, how students actually want to work in the lessons, they raise their hands and are almost always ready to answer. While these 4 lessons we didn’t see anybody using their phones during classes. In my opinion, this is something we really need in Estonian schools. The fifth lesson was free and I spent it in the resting room with Julian’s classmates. Some of them are already good friends for me, so it was really nice to see them again. after the lessons we visited one museum and in the evening we spent some more time with friends.

3 Estonians, 2 Germans

On Friday we went to Bielefeld. At first we had a city tour and after that we visited another museum. Before going back to Werther we had some free time. My squad decided to get something to eat. Mairo showed us one Turkish place he had visited last time. Waiters were helpful with making one big table for us (still 10 hungry Estonians) and showed their food to Tauno, so he translated all food opportunities to others. Our waiter called me “Princess” every time he talked to me and I was very flattered about it. In the evening we had party in my place, where attended most of the older Estonians with their hosts and other cool people from Germany. The evening was great. Germans and Estonians talked a lot with each other and main language was English.

Squad goals 

The weekend was quite calm and relaxing. On Saturday the weather was wonderful and I spent some hours outside. In the evening we had little barbecue with our German friends. On Sunday we were tired and lazy, so we cancelled our shopping plans. Instead of that, we just drove around, went to cafe with Julian, watched movies and went to Italian restaurant with his parents in the evening.


The coolest people from Kanepi Gymnasium 

I really enjoyed being back in Germany. My family and friends are amazing there and it is always nice to go back. This time I even practiced a bit German with saying some words and sentences we had learned in German lessons. It was interesting for me and for the Germans I talked to. 

Germany, can't wait to see you again! xoxo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment