Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Mariscalle in Germany 2016

Amazing journey to Germany

I try to be original and I don't write about how our trip begins and how was our flight went and so on. I think all blog posts start with this text, so when you want to read about that you have to just look what the other Estonians write. :)

So, maybe I started to introduce a little bit of my host family. I was hosted by Upmeier zu Belzen's family. I have never seen so long family name, but I really like this and for me it is very interesting. Well, I am so lucky girl because my family was friendly and very kind. We are so similars, they listen same music like me and they make a lot of jokes. We have many inside jokes, that made me laugh when I think about it. In this family there are 6 persons. Father Stefan, mother Annette and 3 childrens two boys Julius and Laurenz and one girl, who is my host. I already know Laurenz because he was in student exchange two years ago too, so it is very great to see him again. My host was Matilda, she is like my younger sister now, I love her so much and ofcourse I miss her so badly. We were matched very well and we spend a good time together. And I miss all the family too and I can't wait to see them again. Maybe already this summer when everything went good! :)


My lovely German family


The place where I live was quite huge.There are so many rooms and even Stefan office was there. This house was very high-tech. Ofcourse I have my own room to, which is nice place to take a nap after a tiring day.


My room


In kitchen



Okey I think it's time to write a little bit about what we are doing in Germany. First evening we have a huge dinner because Laurenz turned 18 :) We have a present for him together Mairo. He was very happy for that. My host mother is very good at cooking and she made delicious pasta. This is so good! And pasta is my favourite food. Julius come to home too, because for Laurenz and me. After that we talk a lot together and adult's drink a wine. Yes I am too old I can do that :D

Next day we go to school with Matilda and Laurenz. School day was interesting, everything is so different. Especially sports lesson. This is quite funny. School lunch was very good too! After lunch we went to the Böckstiegel museum with all Estonians students. This museum was very educational
and I like that. After all this my host mother pick me up and we went to see how Matilda ride with a horse. After this me and my host mother went to shopping. My task was to choose a dinner components. It's quite hard because everything is different from Estonian things. But I got to handle it. In the evening we eat a dinner and play boardgame which called “JENGA”.


Böckstiegel museum


In friday we visited Bielefeld with all Estonians. We had a tour in the old city where we saw many beautiful buildings. For me it's a little bit boring, because I already new all about this old city and so on. But I think it's great to heard all this again. And Bielefeld is really beautiful city! After city tour we went to the “Historical Museum Bielefeld”. There was many different old machines. I think this museum is better for boys, but I have great time in this museum too because the guide was very good. After that we had some time for shopping. Me and some Estonians decided to went to eat something. We went in a Turkish restaurant where the waiter was very friendly. He helped and made a table for us. He made a selfie with us too. In evening we went to party to Julian's place. It was really fun and we had a good time together and it was nice to see our Germany friend Julian again. :)



Estonian next top models


Party


Saturday was my best day in Germany. Me, Matilda, Annette and Stefan went to Münster. They wanted to show me where Stefan and Annette meet together and where they studied when they are in university. Julius, Laurenz and Matilda were born in Münster too. I'm honest...this is so beautiful city. I have never been in such a beautiful place. All this buildings, streets, churches just blow my mind. I had the opportunity to visit one of the church which called St Pauls Cathedral. It was so huge like three or four Kanepi church together. And this church is one of the biggest churches in Germany. Ofcourse the church was really beautiful too and I like it very much. In Münster there are more churces to visited, but we thought that we do something else. Münster is very popular university city in Germany. It reminded me a little bit Tartu. There are so many students and so on. Today it is known as the bicycle capital of Germany. Thi is true, because I saw everywhere bicycles. After a walk we decided to visited Picasso's museum. It's interesting museum, but hard to understand because I'm not art person and it is strange for me. After museum we went to the cafe and after that I want to buy something for my family, so we went to the shopping. 
I would definitely recommend everyone to go to Münster it is a good experience. :) In evening we decided to make a pizza with Mairo and Lennart. We all are like masterchefs because this pizza was so delicious :D After that we play “Jenga” again and then we play “Monopoly” too. I'm not good at this game...but at least we had really good time together. :)


St Pauls Cathedral


Münster


It's Jenga time


On Sunday, we finally got to sleep a long time. We woke up at 11 o'clock. Then we had really nice breakfast. After that we decided to went ice-skating. I really enjoyed it. It was two years ago when I went to ice-skating before that. Many Estonians and Germans are there too. After that we went home and ate dinner. Laurenz and mother made lasagne. Only one word...Super! Then we talk a little bit anf then we decided to went Bielefeld to watch night city. We visited Sparrenburg's castle. This view what we saw was indescribable! Stefan made some really good photos too. He really likes photography :) Then we went home and me and Matilda play again “Jenga”. Yes, again...but it's very cool game and I think I'm now good at it. We both are good at it.


Ice-skating



Sparrenburg's castle


And last day...it's very hard...why we had leave so early? 5.30 like really..But I think it wasn't the hardest part...this is so sad that we had to leave. I almost cried. Those five days were too short. We all are sad and hug each other to say goodbye...hard goodbye.  And then we started the long way back to home. 

It was a great trip and I'm so thankful for it. I can't wait to see Matilda and my amazing German family again. Maybe we see soon! :) Love them and miss them already so much!!








No comments:

Post a Comment