Pages

Sunday 21 February 2016

Written by Laura

In the morning of the 10th February 2 teachers and 20 students including me started a journey to Werther in Germany. Werther is a quite small town in Germany and there is also the school that my school does the students exchange with. We had to go to Riga’s airport by bus and from there go by plane to Bremen. After that we drove 2 more hours by bus and then we saw our new families. My family was so nice and helpful at everything. I shared a room with the older sister Mira who is only one year older than me.
On Thursday our hosts took us to their school so we could see how many differences we can find between our and their school. First of all they have longer lessons than us, so many more students and more lunch options. After schoolday we visited an expressionist painter Peter August Böckstiegel museum where we also got to draw by ourselves.
The following days were full on activities. I went shopping in Bielefeld where I got in trouble because my card didn’t work properly and I paid basically double but everything turned out well. On Saturday we went to play football and badminton. The most exciting day for me was Sunday because then I met Mira’s best friend’s exchange student from England. It was so unusual and amazing to hear the real British accent. By the way they really can’t live without tea!

On Monday we travelled back home but it didn’t go very well for me. I got sick in Germany and now I have been sick for almost a week. The trip was still fun and I regret nothing.

My amazing family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment