Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

Trip to Germany written by Tauno


On 10-15 Frebuary we had a student exchange programme to Germany, Werther. From Kanepi we went to Riga International airport and from there to the city Bremen. The flight was quite interesting to me because it was my first time to fly a plane. We arrived to Werther quite late and the families were already waiting. The first night was a lot of fun they questioned me a lot so there was much to discuss about.
My family was typical German family they lived in a big house had a big back yard. My hosts name was Georg and he had 4 sisters and 1 brother and they all had children except the youngest one. They putted me to a top floor of their house and the whole floor was to myself. I had my own kitchen, bathroom and a lot of room. The family was very kind always telling me if I want something just ask.  





                                                                         My room




                                                        My hosts house in German

First night was the most strange because new surrounding and new people but it was quite usual we had a lovely dinner and then they asked me a lot of questions and that was it. The next day started very early like 6.30 in the morning we went to school by bus and we had 5 lessons and a museum visit. The school was quite interesting because the students showed a lot initiative in the lessons and for that they get grades. We also had a PE lesson what different from our lessons. We played every game differently. Later on after the lunch we went to a museum called Böckstiegel. 
On Friday we went to Bielefeld for a city tour. We saw a lot of old houses and a real old church. After the sights we went out eating in a Turkish restaurant where the waiter was very friendly he helped us to pick the food and made a table for us. and when the food was brought to our table the kind waiter made a selfi with us and the whole time in the restoraunt was a lot of fun. After the lunch we had a little time left to shop and then we went back to werther and from there back to the families. Later on there was a plan to go bowling with Paul Levin Lennart and Mairo but our german friends forgot to reservate the track for us so that plan was busted. Then we had an idea to go back to Georg's place and play some board games and so we did. Later on when everybody left we had dinner and again playd some games with Georg. 

                                                               Church in Bielefeld

On saturday we had to go to paly some ball games with the germans and it was a lot of fun we played football Estonia vs Germany and sadly the Germans lost that. Then we played badminton it was not that interesting but also interesting to play. After the sport event we went back to our families. At night we went out to eat in Bielefeld and it was my whole night.
Sunday what was the last day in Germany and to me maybe the most interesting day. in the morning we went to a car museum with Lennart, Mairo, Levin and Paul what was very interesting to see a lot of old cars collected into one building.




A car from the Museum

After that there was a birthday one of the grandchildren and everybody gadered at the house and had a little party for them. I was so amazed when all the broders, sisters and the grandchildren walked in there were like 25 people gadered to celeprate the nine-year-old boy's birthday. There may have had a lot of people but 3 out of them could speak English everybody else sopke only German. The whole birthday event was very intersting they asked from  me a lot of guestions and I can practise my English again. Later on we went to race karts and it was thrilling to compete with my friends. I finished at 6th place and the fastest was Mairo and then came the others. Then came the last dinner with my host family they  gave me some German gifts and it was nice. We stayed up quite late I talked with the partents. If I forgot to mention the parents only spoke Russian so again new experience to practise my russian language. At 5,30 in the morning was this adventure ower everybody were sad because they had to leav but it was such a good time in Germany. 
I cant wait when they come here next year so we can again see eachother.I think it was very interesting adventure to Germany and thank you Gemany and Peace out!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment