Pages

Friday 19 February 2016

Kristen-Kalev Lina




10-15 February we had an exchange student program with Werther’s school in Germany. Group of 20 people from our school went there and each of us stayed in different family for that time.
I spent my week with a great family, they were all very friendly and always in good mood. They had a big house with many rooms and I even had the opportunity to have my private room for my time in Germany.
When we arrived to Werther, it was quite late, not sure about the time, but it was dark outside already.  We had a chance to stay with our exchange-families and introduce each other. I had an opportunity to go to the concert in Werther’s school, my exchange student Daniel and his brother Jacob were performing there also. It was a lovely evening, I enjoyed the concert and not to mention, both of them are very good instrument players.
The first days of our exchange we usually were with our group and did different things, in Thursday we were in lessons. To compare with our lessons in Estonia, they have more verbal learning in their school than we do and also they have to do their homework about 10 minutes when we have to do it about 3 hours.
At the end of this day we visited the local museum of Peter August Böckstiegel, this museum house was his home where he lived in the back of the days. I had a joy of recognition when I saw Böckstiegel’s painting that is also in our Art of History book.
On Friday we visited Bielefeld, a town with great history. We saw many old architecture and learned a little about this town. What I remember the most is the sentence “Bielefeld does not exist”.

No comments:

Post a Comment