Pages

Friday 4 March 2016

Keitlin

It feels like yesterday when it was 10th February and we all were exicted to go to Germany and be a guest to a nice family who would make you see Germany like you will ever see it again. It was my first time to be this far from home and I was very exicted to see and hear about new things and places.

In Germany we lived with our exchange student and her/his family for five days. My exchange student's name is Florentine and she and her family are the most happiest people I know, I mean there was never any sad moments and they always joke and make you smile.
Florentine has two yonger brothers Jonathan and Cornelius and little sister Leonore. I was surprised to hear Cornelius speak so good english of his age. Of course Florentine had parents who are Christian and Karin. I think they are very good and friendly parents. Christian and Karin can also speak very good english so it was easy for me.

When I arrived to Germany then Florentine and her father Christian came to pick me up and I got to my house nicely. Florentine showed me the house right when I got in, and somehow I felt like I was home. I also slept surprisingly very well in my room. Also that evening we had dinner and their main food is toast, wich was okay for me. Before the dinner they always pray because in my family all are Christians and they take it very seriously. I was happy to be in such a nice family.

The next day was exicting because I got to visit their school and take part of their lessons. To sum up this I think the lessons are pretty much the same but I really liked their PE, it was fun. After the 5th lesson us estonians went to the Böckstiegel museum witch was very inspiering and great. We also got to put our hands on and had to draw one of Peter August Böckstiegel's artwork. After the museum our exchange students came to pick us up. We ate after I arrived home and then it was time for some board games like BINGO witch I playied with Cornelius and Florentine.

On the third day estonians went to excursion in Bielefield. Our guide was nice and we got to know many interesting facts about Germany and Bielefield. After the excursion we got some shopping time and it was nice to buy some things. I also went to the Starbucks first time and it was really great.

Saturday the fourth day, also the day that everyone were exicted about beacuse we went to play football and badminton, it was great and I loved playing badminton. But before that Christian took me to the fire station where he works, he is firefighter and he does that job for free, and I find that very important and inspiering. I got to know so many new things what the firefighters actually do and what they have in station. I also got to try on those clothes and I actually got my own firefighter helmet with my name on it, it is so, so cool and I'm very thankful. On the afternoon after the badminton we went out with Florentine and also Laura and her exchange student Mira joined with us and we had lots of fun. Then on the evening we went to Jaan's host where we had a nice talk with other excahnge students and it was all very nice.

Me with Christian on the fire engine

Happy me with my helmet








Sunday was the last day with family and they showed me werther and I also got to see
Kaiser Wilhelm Monument wich is on the Wiehen Hills. After that I spent nice evening talking with them and then I had to pack my things and go to sleep because we had to leave very early next morning. 

Kaiser Wilhelm Denkmal




No comments:

Post a Comment